Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Randomness

Apparently even with lots of random things floating through my head taking the time to get them out in a reasonable manner isn't a priority.

Both kids had a stomach virus - gross in a toddler and terrifying in an infant. They are recovered and the virus didn't migrate to myself or Hubs, a minor miracle for sure. We did manage to get to a festival over the weekend and enjoy some nice weather. The Peanut loved dancing to live music and eating fried fair foods (clearly he is my child). It was so nice to do something out of the routine with the whole family. We'll certainly be searching out more festivals this summer!

On a totally different topic, does anyone else hate having to be nice on Facebook? I guess I don't have to be nice but I feel like I have to be nice or at least not say anything if I don't have anything nice to say. I probably should just cull my "friend" list and get rid of the folks that irritate me but sometimes the idiocy is entertaining. I don't want to miss the entertainment! Sadly most of the time its just dumb and I just want to tell them so, straight up.

And one last topic - dinner. Specifically being totally burnt out and in a rut with meals. The Peanut is getting pickier by the day, the Hubs is semi-picky and I've eliminate multiple foods from my diet due to sensitivities of the nursing Squirrel. Meal planning has become very challenging to say the least and cooking isn't even vaguely enjoyable these days. I know in the big picture the eliminations will pass, Peanut will (hopefully) get through his picky phase and meal planning will be easier. And to end on a cliche - the days are long but the years are short. So true and yet so trite.



No comments:

Post a Comment