Thursday, July 11, 2013

Early Bird

I am so sad to announce that Peanut has given up naps. It is not going well at all, he is exhausted by 4 pm without a nap and has been ending up in bed, asleep by 6:30 pm and then up at 5 am. I do not like this, not at all. Squirrel generally wakes to eat between 4 and 5 am so I have been up since 4 am today. No good, tired and cranky toddler plus tired and cranky mama is not a pleasant combo. At least I got Peanut spend a relatively quiet hour in his room and rest a little this afternoon. Unfortunately this does not appear to have helped all that much and it seems like another crazy evening shall be taking place later. Any suggestions on how to get Peanut to sleep until 6 am or the until the amazingly late hour of 7 am? I'm thinking he's just an early bird and I'm just going to need some extra coffee because I am so not a morning person!

On the plus side Squirrel continues to do well on formula and my discomfort due to her sudden weening in beginning to subside. I do not like making a bottle at 4 am though nor do I like washing the extra dishes. Her tummy is happy though and that was the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment